To simplify and accelerate ICT project implementation.
Surmount, an engineering consulting company, assists clients as they adopt new technology and systems to improve their business performance. We operate under a Permit to Practice in Communications Engineering issued by the Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador PEGNL and focus on projects involving information and communications technologies (ICT).
The Company was incorporated in Newfoundland and Labrador in 1999. We are located in St. Johnís, NL and serve customers throughout the Province and elsewhere. The company is 100% owned by William OíKeefe, P.Eng.
Since commencing operations in 2006, the Company has built an impressive list of marquee customers.
Professional engineering services include business analysis, systems engineering and procurement, project and contract management and technical studies and investigations. We are an independent consulting practice and are not associated with other suppliers or service providers. The company serves clients in the utility, healthcare, government, and telecommunications sectors.
Surmount has an extensive list of associates whose skill sets and values are complementary with our own. This large base of professionals enables clients to have access to a comprehensive set of skills. As projects are identified, Surmount assembles the right team to deliver the scope of work.
All projects are executed within our safety and quality management plans, which are available upon request to interested clients. We apply the project management methodology developed and promoted by the Project Management Institute to all projects.
Surmount is committed to providing a safe working environment
- Remains in good standing with the NL Registry of Companies;
- Remains in good standing with the Workers Health and Safety & Compensation Commission (WHSCC);
- Meets all obligations required by PEGNL to operate under its Permit to Practice.
Surmount meets all regulatory requirements, including the following:
- Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL);
- Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Technology Industries (NATI);
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE);
- Project Management Institute, NL Chapter (PMI);
- Marine Technology Society (MTS); and,
- Oceans Advance, a marine technology cluster.
Surmount or its principal is a member of the following organizations:
- No safety incidents occurred;
- Client staff and management are satisfied with the project results;
- Safety management plan was followed and documented;
- Quality plans were followed and documented;
- Sustainable business practices were employed to minimize or eliminate environmental impacts, where possible; and,
- The Clientís reputation is enhanced within the community.
Our projects are successful when they are completed on time, on budget and all project deliverables have been accepted. To be truly successful, the project must also meet the following conditions:
Surmount guarantees that projects are undertaken only when the capacity and skill sets are available to contribute to the success of the project. Surmount learns and adapts to the corporate culture of its clients in order to meet or exceed expectations for safety, environment, labour relations and corporate responsibilities.
- Create a safety culture with Surmount and its associates;
- Think long term environmentally, and act accordingly;
- Establish strong customer relationships based on value, fairness and professionalism;
- Select associates and sub-contractors that complement Surmountís services and values.
- Establish strong relationships with associates, sub-contractors and suppliers;
Surmount adheres to the following core values in all its dealings. It also ensures that associates and sub-contractors subscribe to these values.